DIY: Vegan Peppermint Body Scrub
This incredibly simple to make vegan peppermint body scrub will leave your skin feeling hydrated, soft and smooth! Fight bacteria and say bye bye to those pesky bumps on the back of your arms (also known as Keratosis Pilaris) !
What you’ll need for this DIY body scrub:
- Raw organic coconut oil
- Organic cold-pressed avocado oil
- Vegan raw sugar cane
- Plain epsom sea salt
- Organic peppermint oil from Saje Wellness
- Glass jar (to store!)
If you’re curious WHY this combination works so well, keep reading!
Why this combination works and why each ingredient is so darn good for your skin:
- Avocado Oil: cold pressed avocado oil is extremely hydrating for the skin and it is one of the richest sources of beneficial monounsaturated fatty acids. It is also often recommended as an effective treatment for blackheads and acne, skin irritations like eczema, keratosis pilaris and other forms of skin inflammation as it is calming and revitalizes skin!
- Raw Cane Sugar: Glycolic acid is a natural exfoliant and it is naturally present in raw cane sugar! When applied to the body this exfoliating natural acid removes dead skin cells, dirt, and oil that can clog and can also stretch pores!
- Epsom Sea Salt: When applied to the skin, epsom salt helps to cleanse pores deeply, balance oil production and kill off bacteria that can instigate breakouts and acne. When Epsom salt is absorbed through the skin it can actually replenish the level of magnesium in the body. Fun fact: magnesium helps to produce serotonin, which is a mood-elevating chemical within the brain that creates a feeling of calmness and relaxation. Magnesium is also known to help you relax and reduce irritability by lowering the effects of adrenaline.. Epsom salt is rad- it’s skin helping AND mood boosting! Wooohooo!
- Raw Coconut Oil: Raw coconut oil is naturally antibacterial and anti fungal, and it’s an excellent moisturizer!
- Peppermint Oil: First of all, peppermint oil just smells so so good.. but more than that it gives this body scrub antiseptic and antimicrobial properties, helping to cool the skin and eliminate dryness. Peppermint oil can also aid in oil secretion in the skin therefore preventing acne.
I hope you enjoy this vegan peppermint body scrub as much as I do! Happy exfoliating 😉