Daily Detox Rituals: Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is simply amazing! It’s another one of my favorite all natural must haves that can be used in a multitude of ways.
It is definitely something I recommend having on hand and incorporating into your daily detox routine!
I keep a bottle right on my nightstand so I don’t forget to drink it; I do about 2 TBSP every morning and 2 TBSP every night. I also love using it in my salad dressings!
6 Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar is great for digestion as it contains natural pectin which can regulate the digestive system, lower blood pressure and lower bad cholesterol levels.
- It can also be used as a natural cold remedy ! A.C.V. has antibiotic properties and it contains potassium, which thins mucus, while the acetic acid in it prevents germ growth. Just mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water and drink up to help sinus drainage.
- Apple cider vinegar can actually help you lose weight !! The acetic acid suppresses your appetite, increases your metabolism and reduces unnecessary water retention in the body. Researchers have also theorized that apple cider vinegar interferes with the body’s digestion of starch, which means fewer calories enter the bloodstream.
- Believe it or not, it can help fight fatigue! Exercise and occasionally even extreme stress can cause lactic acid to build up in the body, thus causing fatigue; oddly enough the amino acids contained in apple cider vinegar act as an antidote. Also, like I mentioned earlier, apple cider vinegar contains potassium and enzymes that may relieve that tired feeling. Next time you’re feeling exhausted, add a tablespoon or two of apple cider vinegar to your green juice or to a glass of water to boost your energy !
- A.C.V. acts as an anti-inflammatory : it promotes circulation and detoxification in the liver.
- You won’t believe this but it is an excellent wart remover !!! Over the counter wart removers are anything but natural and often times don’t even work! Not to mention a trip to the doctor to remove it can be painful, expensive and ineffective. Instead, soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar, place the soaked cotton ball directly on the wart and wrap it up tightly; I used a band aid but you can also use tape. Do this every night- just you wait and see; the wart will not only come right off, but it will stay off!
From drinking it and using it topically on the body, to using it throughout your household to clean; A.C.V. is great for just about anything and everything. It is so versatile and has so many health benefits. My go to apple cider vinegar brand is Bragg as it is organic, raw, unfiltered, + non-GMO certified. Also, FYI: it does not need to be refrigerated!
Add it to your DDR list and reap the benefits!