Vegan Pasta Salad
I love this vegan pasta recipe for a few reasons;
A) It’s vegan, gluten-free, simple to make and can be made for under $10 (which is awesome since you get multiple meals from one batch!)
B) Great mix of raw and lightly steamed vegetables which to me make it a well-balanced “indulgent” meal; the pasta being the indulgent part and the plethora of veggies balancing it out 🙂
C) Perfect to keep in the fridge as a ready to go meal to eat on the go!
What you’ll need:
1 package of vegan pasta or gluten-free pasta (or both) of your choice
1 head of organic broccoli
1 organic avocado
1/2 cup of organic cherry tomatoes sliced in half
1 organic yellow bell pepper
1/2 cup of sliced black olives
1 organic zucchini
Himalayan Pink salt + fresh ground pepper
organic vegan marinara sauce
vegan balsamic vinaigrette
2 TBSP raw pine nuts
- First cook your vegan pasta (follow the directions on the package) and lightly steam your broccoli. For the pasta I like to use Trader Joes organic “Vegetable Radiatore” and although it says to cook for 9 minutes, I only cook it for 7/8 minutes as I like my pasta al dente 🙂
- Next prepare your raw veggies: chop your zucchini, avocado, yellow bell pepper (or you can use red or orange bell peppers if you want, but I happen to like a variety of color in mine and for whatever reason I have been on a major yellow bell pepper kick lately!) and slice your cherry tomatoes in half.
- Once your pasta is cooked to your liking, drain and rinse with cold water
- In a large mixing bowl combine the pasta, black olives and chopped veggies, drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette, and season with a little pink salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Now add in some marinara sauce, I prefer for mine to not be drenched in marinara, but feel free to add as much or as little as you like.. essentially you want at least enough to coat everything
- Lastly, I add in the pine nuts and gently toss everything together. As for the avocado, I only add avocado to the portion I will be eating immediately as it will brown if kept in the fridge !
- Either toss it in a container to store in the fridge for later or enjoy right away!
** Like most of my recipes that involve various veggies, feel free to incorporate anything extra you feel inclined to incorporate!