Guilt Free Vegan Fried Rice
I have a thing for vegan fried rice, I also have a thing for my body and too much fried rice (or fried anything for that matter) doesn’t exactly help with the ab situation… so, I’ve been experimenting with cauliflower fried rice and I’ve gotta say, I totally nailed it with this recipe! You’re going to looooove it!
THIS WAS SO GOOD I’M GETTING SAD JUST LOOKING AT THE PHOTO BECAUSE I’VE ALREADY EATEN IT ALL 🙁
and by “nailed it” I mean this literally tasted no different from the vegan fried rice I order in! YES! THIS CONTAINS (basically) NOTHING BUT VEGGIES! This is my new favorite dish. My guilt free gluten-free vegan fried rice replacement. I don’t even miss regular fried rice.
This is what I have to say to regular fried rice: To the left, to the left ♫♫
(Cue Beyoncé’s Irreplaceable)
What you’ll need:
1 medium-sized head of organic cauliflower OR Trader Joes has a bag of cauliflower already grated into small pieces that are rice sized! Brilliant!
1 Organic Yellow or Orange Bell Pepper
4 Organic Mushrooms
1 Organic Carrot
1-2 Cups of Chopped Organic Broccoli
1/2 Cup of Shelled Edamame
*Trader Joes has them shelled & ready to go on their frozen isle!
Fresh Ground Pepper
Braggs Liquid Aminos
Organic Avocado Oil
- Chop all veggies into small pieces (size is totally up to you) and if you are not using the Trader Joes cauliflower fried rice package then you need to prepare your cauliflower! To do this, start by cutting the head of cauliflower in half and then into quarters through the core then run your knife between the florets and the stem to cut the stem out. Cut any remaining stem from the florets and as you do this it should begin to crumble, use your hands to create smaller pieces, then set aside
- First, lightly steam your broccoli, frozen edamame and carrots (I steamed mine for less than 5 minutes as I like to enjoy my steamed vegetables on the firmer side)
- Coat a non-stick pan with avocado oil (or you can use olive oil) and turn on medium heat, then add all of your veggies, except for the mushrooms (those cook quite quickly so you can add those in towards the end)
- Sauté veggies until they begin to soften and get some color, seasoning them with your garlic powder and pepper (season based on your own taste)
- Once the veggies are soft, add in your cauliflower rice and add in your mushrooms; mixing everything together
- Lightly drizzle with some Bragg Liquid Aminos (fabulous soy sauce alternative)
- Sprinkle sesame seeds as you continue to cook everything
- You’ll know when its done as everything will look evenly cooked and your mushrooms should be fully cooked now too!