Black Bean Taquito Recipe
This recipe gives you delicious, organic taquitos that are SO simple to make (only 3 ingredients needed!) Not to mention they are cheap to make and they are VEGAN and GLUTEN-FREE ! Wait, who said vegan food is bland, expensive and boring? Sorry, you’re wrong. So wrong.
and I got these taquitos to prove it. Olé!
What you’ll need:
6-8 organic yellow corn tortillas
1 can organic spicy black beans (I get mine at Whole Foods)
Yep, that’s it. When I say simple, I mean simple!
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with foil and set that aside
- Get your beans ready to scoop into your tortillas, you can either leave them whole, blend them in a food processor/blender or the happy medium – which is mashing them with a fork (the way I prefer)
- To soften the tortillas so you can easily roll them up: place them in a lightly oiled pan on VERY low heat and flip around a few times
- Scoop about 1-2 spoonfuls of beans onto one side of your softened tortilla and then roll it up as tightly as you can.. you may need to use a toothpick to keep it rolled up or I have a system of putting them on the baking sheet rolled side down which seems to keep it together
- After you’ve done steps 4 and 5 with all of the tortillas and beans, you now need to lightly spritz the tops with avocado oil.
- Pop them in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes (or until golden brown)
- Make a side of guac, or dip them in your favorite salsa and enjoy!