VEGAN BLACK BEAN BURGER RECIPE
SO OBSESSED WITH THIS RECIPE RIGHT NOW! So excited to share this vegan black bean burger with you aka my BB BURGERS 😍 These vegan black bean burgers are PERFECT for meal prep and on the go! This recipe is an adaptation from one that my friend Laura shared with me that I just love love love! This recipe yields 9 burger patties, each patty is roughly 250 calories with about 9.5g of PLANT-BASED PROTEIN!
I shared the recipe and showed how I make them in a recent video on my YouTube channel 😊 Click below for the video or keep scrolling for the ingredients list and recipe!
Ingredients for Vegan Black Bean Burgers
2 large sweet potatoes // peeled and diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup walnuts // finely chipped
2/3 cup onion // diced
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 cans of black beans
1/4 cup parsley // finely chopped
1/3 cup vegan BBQ sauce
1 cup GF + V breadcrumbs
2 TBSP. GF Oat Flour
Season to taste with: Paprika, Garlic Powder, Salt, Pepper, Cayenne and Thyme
Cooking Instructions for Vegan Black Bean Burgers
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Peel and dice your 2 large sweet potatoes then place on your baking sheet, drizzle LIGHTLY with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Bake sweet potatoes at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes or until they begin to brown and are soft
- Rinse and drain your 2 cans of beans then place them in a large mixing bowl and mash beans 75% of the way leaving small chunks to give the burger patties a good texture
- Combine mashed beans, baked sweet potatoes, walnuts, onion, garlic, parsley, bbq sauce, breadcrumbs and oat flour in your mixing bowl and mix/mash together!
- Once everything is combined form 9 balls and flatten into patties then place back on your parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake patties at 400 degrees for 20 minutes then flip and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes!
…..and that’s it! SO EASY! Hope you love this vegan black bean burger recipe as much as I do! 😘