Vegan Spanish Cauliflower Rice Recipe
I am obsessing over my latest creation: Vegan Spanish Cauliflower Rice! It is so so good and super easy to make. This cheap meal is the perfect side dish to some vegan tacos, or you can make it a main course by adding in more veggies! This dish has so much potential and is easily expanded upon! I should also add that it holds great in the fridge for a few days, which makes it fantastic for meal prepping as well!
Ingredients for Spanish Cauliflower Rice Recipe:
1 head of cauliflower “riced”
1 can diced tomatoes with green chillis
1/4 cup diced onion
1/2 cup of black beans
1 glove of minced garlic
cumin, pink salt, cayenne pepper and black pepper to taste!
- First prepare your “rice”! To do this, start by cutting the head of cauliflower in half and then into quarters through the core then run your knife between the florets and the stem to cut the stem out. Cut any remaining stem from the florets and as you do this it should begin to crumble, use your hands to create smaller pieces, then set aside! I used a head of cauliflower to make mine (I order most of my groceries these days from Milk & Eggs), but you can also go to Trader Joes and pick up a ready made cauliflower rice package if you’re looking to save time!
- In a pan on medium heat add a little water and the garlic + onion, and sauté – adding water in as necessary. Once the garlic and onion begin to soften add in a little avocado oil (or olive oil if you prefer) and start to brown the garlic and onion.
- Once the garlic and onion is very lightly browned add in your cauliflower rice!
- LIGHTLY drizzle the cauliflower rice with avocado oil, and mix coating everything, allowing the mixture to lightly brown, then turn down the heat to low.
- Add in a 1/2 cup of drained and rinsed black beans, and one can of diced tomatoes with green chilis.
- Season to taste with cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne!