2016 Summer Essentials
It’s almost summer!
(I know I can hardly believe it either, where does the time go?!)
With the warm season right around the corner I thought I’d share some of my summer essentials:
- A colorful bikini is a must have for me! And while I love a good triangle or halter style top (way easier to swim in) a bandeau is ideal as far as tan lines go!
- A versatile pair of sunnies is necessary, I love these new Ray Ban glasses I just got… I’m obsessed with tortoise right now! Mainly because I feel like I can wear them with black or lighter colored clothing which I love. This particular style is the Original Wayfarer with a tortoise frame and polarized lenses
- Colorful bracelets…. because… well… why not?! Easy way to jazz up your beach or pool attire that creates an effortless looking “put together” look 🙂
- A GOOD BOOK! I love reading, I have a book buying problem, it’s true. But seriously there is nothing I love more than getting some vitamin-D while reading a good book. I just got Urban Monk & I can’t wait to get into it!!
- Sunscreen is 100% a must must MUST HAVE. You may think being tan is cool, but skin cancer is not cool AT ALL and you can still get color with sunscreen on, so don’t even try me with that one. I LOOOOOVE this sunscreen by Coola : it’s SPF 50, water resistant and contains 70 percent certified organic ingredients that protect and repair sun damaged skin. Organic arnica extract reduces inflammation, while organic linseed oil, rich in omegas 3 and 6 which clams, tones, hydrates and reduces redness. HELLLOOOO it’s perfect for summer essentials. The phyto-protector plankton extract stimulates and rejuvenates as organic orange water balances skin tone. Organic avocado oil, high in vitamins a, b, e, and f, moisturizes, soothes and softens skin. Oh yeah, did I mention it smells like mango? Yes please.
- A cute hat! Because, like I said… skin cancer is not cool. You gotta protect your beautiful face! A little sun is good in my opinion but too much sun = sun and age spots. (also, please put sunscreen on your face too, like everyday, please) Plus it adds to your beachy-effortless looking outfit 😉 I got this adorable hat at Marshalls believe it or not! It doesn’t have to be expensive to be cute!
Do you have any items you just can’t live without for summer?
Leave me a comment below, I’d love to hear some of yours!