Vegan Tomato Basil Soup
This has got to be the EASIEST vegan tomato basil soup recipe EVER! I have made it a few times in the last month because it is so so good and simple. It has only 4 main ingredients and takes 10 minutes or less to make! This soup not only tastes amazing but it also has some great nutritional benefits: Based on a serving size of 1 cup: 75 calories – 1g Fat – 25g Carbs – 4g Sugar – 4g Protein – 38% Vitamin A – 58% Vitamin C – 1% Iron !
Ingredients for vegan tomato basil soup
12 Roma tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
2-4 fresh basil leaves
himalayan pink salt
- Prep your veggies! I didn’t crush the garlic or worry too much about chopping the veggies as everything is going to be thrown into a blender! To prep: peel 2 cloves of garlic, chop onion into big chunks and 4th your Roma tomatoes!
- Warm up 1 tablespoon (or so) of avocado oil in a saucepan on medium heat
- Add the 2 cloves of garlic and chopped onion into the saucepan; stir as it begins to brown
- Once the garlic and onion has begun to brown place your chopped tomatoes into the saucepan
- Season with salt and pepper
- Allow the ingredients to cook covered with a lid, turning every so often to make sure nothing sticks to the pan
- Once your tomatoes have softened turn the heat off and put 2 fresh basil leaves into the saucepan and cover for a few minutes
- Put everything into a blender and blend! You can also add a cup of water if you want a thinner consistency- I have tried it both ways and I prefer no water but it’s totally up to you! Try both ways to see which one you prefer 🙂